I have wanted to try doing some random watercolor washed tiles. I didn't do anything special besides grabbing a brush, water, palette, and big sheet of watercolor paper. I brushed on random colors and strokes. These watercolors were pearlescent which is kinda pretty. I let them dry and about a month later I finally finished cutting them all. And about two weeks later, I am doing this post! Lol!!! Not one of my faster moving experiments for sure.
Anyway, here are those tiles post cutting.
Here's a tile I completed a couple days ago. I was just messing around with one of the tiles and my 0.1 Copic Multiliner (💖 these Mutiliners!!) only. I have been using a bunch of pen thicknesses but I went back to the single pen on this.
The experience was OK. I do believe that I'll go back to the multiple pens. I actually may try my Sharpie pens on it next time. The feel of the pen on this paper is very different than the tiles or printer paper I have been using. And not at all happy with the pencil shading. Well not the pencil so much as my poor paper blending stump that got overworked. Anyway, I will try it again.
Below is a tile I did when I first made these watercolor washed tiles. I believe I used either my Micron and/or Sharpie markers on this one.. I don't remember disliking the feel of the pen on this tile as much as the above one. But it's been awhile...
Well, that's it for now. Have a great day!!! 😊✨